Parents with incoming 7th graders need to turn in proof of TDap vaccine before the first day of school.
Stone Valley Middle School will advocate for each student to grow physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially, to ensure that each individual reaches his/her potential as a learner and as a citizen—during the transitional, middle school years.
There are plenty of summer days left, but it's almost time to register your child at Stone Valley Middle School. You can jump to the front of the line by volunteering only a few hours at Registration. It's a ton o' fun! Sign up today.
To sign up, go to:
8/6/14 - District Activates Annual Update for Parent Portal
8/6/14 - SV Activates Registration Website with Forms and Information
8/11/14 SV Office Opens - 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
8/18/14 - Registration 3 to 6 p.m.
8/19/14 - Registration 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
8/21/14 - WEB Day - New Students - 7:45 am to 12:00 p.m.
8/25/14 - First Day of School - Early dismissal 12:17 p.m.
8/28/14 Get Acquainted Pizza Night - 6:00 p.m.
9/4/14 - Back to School Night 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
If you have any questions about enrolling new students visit the district website at http://www.srvusd.k12.ca.us/edservices/enrollyourchild
Parents with incoming 7th graders need to turn in proof of TDap vaccine before the first day of school. Please send the records to Lisa Knebel at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 838-5680.
List of recommended School Supplies by Grade: Click here
2014/2015 Dates to Remember
Welcome to Stone Valley Middle School – Home of the Pride!
Thank you for taking the time to read about our school and community. Our goal is to partner with parents and students to provide an education experience where students thrive academically, socially and emotionally. I encourage every parent to find a way to get involved on campus by participating through our service organizations: PTA, Ed Fund and Pledge to Humanity, look for their pages on our website.
2014-15 Instructional Goals
- Implement Common Core Anchor Standards for Reading http://www.corestandards.org/ELA-Literacy/CCRA/R/
- Support struggling learners through school wide interventions
- Increasing student participation in school wide events
- Enhancing STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) elective offerings
Special Note – Construction for the new Stone Valley will begin during the summer of 2015 and conclude in fall of 2017.
2013-14 Instructional Shifts
- Changed our bell schedule to a modified block to allow for problem solving at a deeper level – each class now has an 83 minute block once each week.
- Created an E period elective program to support all learners needs – built in extra time for students needing academic support.
- Combined the 7/8 grade lunches together to increase the opportunity for instructional coaching in the classroom – 600+ classroom visits by administration.
- Used a variety common core state standards classroom practices -
- Silicon Valley Math Initiative – Problem of the month – students learned the “why” of math http://www.svmimac.org
- Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Education became part of every classroom. http://culturallyresponsive.org
- Socratic Seminar - here’s a example http://youtu.be/6pGVR6ZF_2M
- Decreased student discipline by 56% - more engaged students don’t disrupt class
- Added a new special education class for more challenged learners (mild Special Day Class)
- Continued to increase the use of instructional technology by students in the classroom – opened the Bring you own device (BYOD) network to provide students with access to WiFi all over campus.
- Provided several parent education opportunities in the area of Common Core, LCAP Budgeting processes, raising girls, sex education, research based parenting practices
- 12th annual field day celebration – it just keeps getting better every year
- Student mentoring program celebrates 5 years
- Added Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) electives this year and next. Forensics, Engineering, and Social media
- Held vertical articulation with San Ramon Valley and Monte Vista High schools – aligned our practices for 8th and 9th grade students.
- Parent volunteerism rose to the level of having 3 full time equivalent employees on campus everyday